The Library program at The Sage School is designed to help students develop an understanding of and appreciation for a broad range of literature and research materials. The program also supports the schools curriculum and the literary interest of the students.
- Students in the Prime Division will be introduced to the librarys organization, routine, and procedures.
- Through storytelling and related activities students will be exposed to a wide variety of authors and illustrators to develop an awareness of differences in style among authors and illustrators.
- A basic understanding of what the Dewey Decimal System represents in general terms will be developed.
- Care of books
- Identify parts of books
- Differentiate between fiction and nonfiction
- Use Dewey Decimal system
- Recognize different forms of literature